Sunday, June 8, 2014

Hot - slant sonnet circlet


Fighting the heat I am fighting my self-creature, legs brain skin.
Skin-sticky, tired, snap-ready, no body here but me to lay into.

Into the evening open-mouthed, breeze-waiting. The day my undoing.
Undoing the doing of cool unflappable me. Undoing me.

Me in pieces, in crazy, in wanting you all gone pronto.
Pronto you skitter-scatter, empty is all there is here now. Hot.
Hot room after room, me fighting me fighting me fighting.

***

Fighting the dead slow air I am breathing alone. Losing.
Losing the wait, losing my snap-together cool.

Cool is a memory gone flat, melting. Kissing what I was.
Was one piece. Was think-alone, stand-up-straight, watch out scary!

Scary the falling apart. Now alone. Empty hot cavern rooms.
Rooms for chasing the gone-away air-breeze here, there.
There is no me left. There is only the fighting.

No comments:

Post a Comment