Saturday, April 5, 2014

Daughter #5 - Fail


Fail.                Now—
there’s a beautiful name for a girl.
from “The Dutiful Sister Ever Failing” by Kirsten Kaschock
*********
Well, I asked the Oracle and the Oracle answered back. Did the Oracle know I was naming my daughters, one by one? Did the Oracle guess?*

Fail. My beautiful Fail. You will never worry about expectations, you will never feel you are falling short. Fail, my tiny Fail, I see you even when you are hiding, I know where you are, and I predict this for you: your taller, louder, more aggressive sisters will clamor and succeed and they will suffer for it, they will be targets and deal with potshots and everyone will be gunning for them. You will be heads and shoulders tinier, off in a corner, and you will be wildly succeeding. Quietly. Unexpectedly.

Fail is a
name for a beautiful girl
for a star.

Fail you can
go now. I've named you
you'll go far.

*The Bibliomancy Oracle, http://bibliomancyoracle.tumblr.com/askoracle

No comments:

Post a Comment