Tuesday, April 29, 2014

I know all the words but I'd rather not say them.


I know all the words but I'd rather not say them.
Parade of syllables, ancestry, somersaults. Stop the parade.

Too rich the cake too fat the popcorn, noisyboots,
So deaf this tired ear now, turn off the house.

The way I sign my name, thinking the loops
The way it's twins, twins, twins, where nobody'd think
The diamonds repeating me blind.

***

There isn't a key. There isn't a secret.
There is a parade all loosey-goosey she taught me.

You stomping the continent, megaphone proudly mute.
I know the words but what if they are not sweet?

It's all right now, the cake, the mangoes, the beginning
It parades itself it predicts itself it hums.
There's no bus coming, there's no bus gone. Stop the bus.

No comments:

Post a Comment