Monday, April 7, 2014

My Parents, What You Did, What You Said


My Parents, What You Did, What You Said

your words my wallpaper
your songs my lullabies
your voices the inside of my head

your warnings my drumbeat
your words in my hands, head, pages
your poems my alphabet blocks

your stories my origin myths
your prayers my first poems
your words the key, the first key

caroming and kissing each other
crazy words you are proud of
the key to some thing, to some place

your words my teething ring
your hymns my old cathedral
your letters my aerograms

your sermons my space of quiet
your words my admonition
your manuscripts my first practice

your language my language
your Bible my book
your words are your words, my words

I go to sleep with your words
in the night I wake up with my own
I talk until I am quiet
you are quiet

No comments:

Post a Comment